Selecting the best school for your child can be a challenging yet rewarding process. CFA’s admission office is committed to making your family’s experience as personalized and informative as possible.
For the 2016-2017 school year, application files that are completed by January 15, 2016 will receive priority consideration. Files completed after this date are reviewed on a rolling basis as space is available. For the current school year, applications are accepted for grades where space is available. Please contact the Admissions Office to learn more. CFA Admissions FAQ’s
A complete admissions file contains the items listed below. Applications may be submitted up to 2 years in advance.
- Complete an Application for Admission by downloading THIS APPLICATION or by completing the Online Application . Return the completed application and $80.00 application fee to the Admission Office.
- Set an appointment for a tour of school, if this has not already occurred.
- Schedule a testing session for the applicant. Please see the Admissions Calendar for applicable testing sessions. The Admissions Office will contact applicants to schedule testing once the application is received.
- Submit the Authorization for the Release of Student Records Form (K-12th grade applicants only) to your child’s present school.THIS AUTHORIZATION FORM allows Cape Fear Academy to receive report cards, previous testing results, and/or transcripts from the applicant’s present school.
- Send the appropriate Teacher Recommendation Form to your child’s teacher(s) as noted below. Ask that teacher(s) to promptly return the form to Cape Fear Academy’s Admissions Office:
- For students applying for grades 7-12, two Teacher Recommendation forms should be completed. These recommendations should come from the child’s current math and English teachers.
- For students applying for grade 6, one Teacher Recommendation should be completed by the child’s current primary teacher.
- For students applying for Little Explorers through grade 5, one Elementary Years Teacher Recommendation should be completed by the teacher who has taught the applicant during the current school year (PDF attached below).