How to Apply
For the 2016-2017 school year, application files that are completed by January 15, 2016 will receive priority consideration. Files completed after this date are reviewed on a rolling basis as space is available.
For the 2015-2016 school year, applications are accepted for grades where space is available. Please contact the Admissions Office to learn more.
A complete admissions file contains the items listed below in 1-5. Applications may be submitted up to 2 years in advance.
- Complete anApplication for Admission by downloading the below or by completing the Online Application. Return the completed application and $80.00 application fee to the Admission Office.
- Set an appointment fora tour of school, if this has not already occurred.
- Schedule a testing session for the applicant. Please see the Admissions Calendar for applicable testing sessions. The Admissions Office will automatically make contact with applicants to schedule testing if the application is already on file.
- The Authorization for the Release of Student Records Form should be submitted by the parent to the child's present school. This form is available here, in the application booklet, or from the Admissions Office. The Release of Permanent Records Form allows Cape Fear Academy to receive report cards, previous testing results, and/or transcripts from the applicant's present school. Applicants for Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten do not need to submit this Authorization Form.
- The Teacher Recommendation Form for Rising Grades 6-12 should be returned directly by the teacher to Cape Fear Academy please.
- For students applying for grades 7-12, two recommendations should be completed by teachers who have taught the applicant English and math during the current school year.
- For students applying for grades 6, one recommendation should be completed by the primary teacher who has taught the applicant during the current school year.
- For students applying for Little Explorers through grade 5, one Elementary Years Teacher Recommendation should be completed (in place of The Teacher Recommendation Form) by the teacher who has taught the applicant during the current school year (attached below).
Documents & PDFsAdmission Application »
Elementary Years Teacher Recommendation »
Teacher Recommendation Form for Rising Grades 6-12 »
The Authorization for the Release of Copy of Student Records Form »