How to Apply
Application files that are completed by January 28, 2013 will receive priority consideration. Files completed after this date are reviewed on a rolling basis as space is available. A complete admissions file contains the items listed below in 1-5. Applications may be submitted up to 2 years in advance.
- Complete an Application for Admission by downloading the it below or by completing the Online Application. Return the completed application and $75.00 application fee to the Admission Office. Families applying for financial aid may pay a reduced fee of $35.00.
- Set an appointment for a tour of school, if this has not already occurred.
- Schedule a testing session for the applicant. Please see the Admissions Calendar for applicable testing sessions. The Admission Office will automatically make contact with applicants to schedule testing if the application is already on file.
- The Authorization for the Release of Student Records Form (See below) should be submitted by the parent to the child's present school. This form is available here, in the application booklet, or from the Admissions Office. The Release of Permanent Records Form allows Cape Fear Academy to receive report cards, previous testing results, and/or transcripts from the applicant's present school. Applicants for Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, or First Grade do not need to submit this Authorization Form.
- The Teacher Recommendation form (See below) Two recommendations should be completed by teachers who have taught the applicant English and math during the current school year. These forms should be returned directly by the teacher to Cape Fear Academy. Also if the applicant is a Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten student, only one teacher recommendation form is necessary.
Documents & PDFsAdmission Application »
The Authorization for the Release of Student Records Form »
The Teacher Recommendation form »