Seniors reflects on their experiences as Cape Fear Academy students.
Film credit goes to CFA Alum, Jay Batchler, who edited the piece.
- Student/teacher ratio 9 to 1
Cutting edge technology in all grade levels:
- A 1-to-1 laptop program for grades 3 through 12
- Laptop and iPad labs for grades PK3 through 12
- Mindstorms, Lego robotics, GPS, Smart Boards, Smart response systems
- Media projection systems in every classroom
Rich extracurricular opportunities:
- 40 varsity/junior varsity teams across 12 sports
- 92% athletic participation rate: grades 7 -12
- 60% of Middle and Upper School students participate in Chorus , Band , and or Drama
- 23 students selected to the NC Association of Independent Schools Honors Band (more than any other NC independent school)
- Infused with innovation & technology PK3 through12
- 21st century skills: critical thinking, analytical reasoning, writing, collaboration, information literacy
Outstanding AP scores:
- 94% of CFA's AP scores were a 3 or above in 2012 and 2013. (NC avg. = 64%; Global avg. = 62%)
- 90% of the Class of 2013 had at least one AP credit prior to graduation.
- 100% college acceptances
- $1.9 million in merit scholarship awards for 2013
- 82% acceptance to first-choice schools from the Class of 2013
Outstanding college performance:
- Two-thirds of CFA alumni graduate from college within 4 years (national average 27%).
State-of-the-art 27-acre campus:
- Outstanding academic facilities
- New fine arts center opened in 2012
- New athletic fields opened in 2011
- New athletic center with classrooms opened in 2011
- Encouraging, accessible, and fostering life-long relationships with students
- Individual attention: class sizes ranges from 5 to 20
Community service projects:
- Both group and individual projects at all grade levels