How to Apply & Events
We are always happy to welcome visitors, but there are plenty of ways to connect to our community and tour our campus virtually as well.
Our campus is open to in-person visits, but if time or distance limits your physical access to Cape Fear Academy rest assured that our Virtual Admission Center is open. We have virtual tours for Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School. Follow Associate Director Alison Reid as she guides you through each division and visits some of our classrooms, labs, and arts, athletic, and outdoor facilities. Click on the button below to request a virtual or in-person tour.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application for Admission.
- For students entering grades 4-12, register here for your admissions assessment appointment. If no dates are currently being offered, please contact our Admission Office to schedule a date. Details regarding the testing session will be sent prior to the test date.
- For students entering grades LE1-3, please contact our Admission Office to schedule an appointment for testing.
- For students entering grades 1-12, submit the Authorization for the Release of Student Records form to your child’s current school in order to grant permission for CFA to receive report cards, previous testing results, and/or transcripts from the applicant’s current school.
- For students entering grades LE1-6, please provide the Early Years Teacher Recommendation Form to their current teacher/care provider to complete and return to Cape Fear Academy’s Admission Office.
- For students applying for grades 7-12, please provide the Teacher Recommendation Form to their current English and math teachers to complete and return to Cape Fear Academy’s Admission Office.
RECOMMENDED APPLICATION TIMELINE
Applications are processed at any time, but for priority consideration we recommend completion of all steps by the third week in January. Contact us with questions.
Schedule A Meeting with an Admission Team Member
Think CFA is right for your family? Please schedule an initial conversation via phone or Google Meet. We would love to hear your interests, hopes, and questions.
Director of Admission
Middle and Upper School Admission, International Admission, and Financial Grants
Want to get to know our community and hear a first-hand experience? Our parents and students are here to chat as well! We value community and know that both parents and students are eager to connect. We encourage you to hear from others. Our student ambassadors can chat with your student about anything from day to day life, dress-code or what’s the best item in our dining hall! Parent Ambassadors are ready to answer questions about our values, faculty and coaches, the transition to a new school, and what our educational experience is like.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
We hope that we made the virtual admissions process as easy and straightforward as possible, but we understand that you may have other questions. Click the button below for our most frequently asked questions. If you have a question that is not on there, please let us know.
contact the Cape Fear Academy Admission Department