Thank you for your interest in Cape Fear Academy. Our admission office is committed to making your family’s experience as personalized and informative as possible.
When To Apply:
For the 2020-2021 school year, application files that are completed by January 21, 2020 will receive priority consideration. Files completed after this date are reviewed on a rolling basis as space is available. For the current school year, applications are accepted for grades where space is available. Please contact the Admissions Office to learn more. CFA Admissions FAQs
How To Apply:
- Complete an Application for Admission by completing the Online Application.
- For students entering grades 4-12, Register Here for your admissions assessment appointment. If testing virtually, this will be conducted via Zoom. Testing will require downloading a secure browser from our testing site. Instructions will be sent to families once an application has been received and a testing date confirmed. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions below for some more information. Please note: should you experience technical difficulties at the time of testing, we will have to ask you to reschedule. Since, in most cases, we’ll be testing several students at a time, we must stay on schedule. There are several testing dates/times offered throughout January and February.
- For students entering grades LE1 through 3rd grade, please contact our Admissions Office to schedule an appointment for testing.
- Submit the Authorization for the Release of Student Records Form (K-12th grade applicants only) to your child’s present school. The Authorization for the Release of Copy of Student Records allows Cape Fear Academy to receive report cards, previous testing results, and/or transcripts from the applicant’s present school.
- Send the appropriate Teacher Recommendation Form to your child’s teacher(s) as noted below. Ask that teacher(s) to promptly return the form to Cape Fear Academy’s Admissions Office:
- For students applying for grades 7-12, two Teacher Recommendation forms should be completed. These recommendations should come from the child’s current math and English teachers.
- For students applying for grade 6, one Teacher Recommendation should be completed by the child’s current primary teacher.
- For students applying for Little Explorers through grade 5, one Elementary Years Teacher Recommendation should be completed by the teacher who has taught the applicant during the current school year.