While access to Cape Fear Academy’s campus currently is limited, our Virtual Admissions Center is open. We’re glad you’re here, and we are eager to get to know your family. While the admissions process looks a little different as we work remotely, our team is committed to making your experience personal and thorough. We know finding the right school for your family and students is an important decision, and we are here to support you through the admissions process.
See below for the virtual admissions process and ways you can connect to the CFA community
Just because access to our campus is restricted doesn’t mean you can’t explore our school. We have virtual tours for Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School. Follow Associate Director Alison Reid, as she guides you through each division and visits some of our classrooms, labs, arts and athletic, and outdoor facilities. Click on the button below to request a virtual tour.
Virtual Open House:
Why choose CFA? Register for our Virtual Open House(s) and see for yourself! Meet with the admissions team, division directors, and parents to discover what Cape Fear Academy can offer your family.
Our next Virtual Open House is:
Wednesday, July 15th at 6:30 PM
How to Apply:
- Complete an Application for Admission by completing the Online Application.
- Virtual Testing Assessment
- Once we receive your application, one of our team members will reach out to schedule a virtual assessment. We will conduct this via Skype, Facetime, Google Hangout, or Zoom. Testing will require some preparation beforehand. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions below for some more information.
- Submit the Authorization for the Release of Student Records Form (K-12th grade applicants only) to your child’s present school. The Authorization for the Release of Copy of Student Records allows Cape Fear Academy to receive report cards, previous testing results, and/or transcripts from the applicant’s present school.
- Send the appropriate Teacher Recommendation Form to your child’s teacher(s) as noted below. Ask that teacher(s) to promptly return the form to Cape Fear Academy’s Admissions Office:
- For students applying for grades 7-12, two Teacher Recommendation forms should be completed. These recommendations should come from the child’s current math and English teachers.
- For students applying for grade 6, one Teacher Recommendation should be completed by the child’s current primary teacher.
- For students applying for Little Explorers through grade 5, one Elementary Years Teacher Recommendation should be completed by the teacher who has taught the applicant during the current school year.
Schedule A Meeting with an Admissions Team Member:
Think CFA is right for your family? Please schedule an initial conversation via phone or Google Meet. We would love to hear your interests, hopes, and questions. Follow THIS LINK to schedule.
Want to get to know our community and hear a first-hand experience? Our parents and students are here to chat as well! We value community and know that both parents and students are eager to connect. We encourage you to hear from others. Our student ambassadors can chat with your student about anything from day to day life, dress-code or what’s the best item in our dining hall! Parent Ambassadors are ready to answer questions about our values, faculty and coaches, the transition to a new school, and what our brand of remote learning has been like.
Follow Cape Fear Academy on Social Media!
Frequently Asked Questions:
We hope that we made the virtual admissions process as easy and straightforward as possible, but we understand that you may have other questions. Follow the link to our most frequently asked questions. If you have a question that is not on there, please let us know.