We appreciate your interest in supporting Cape Fear Academy. Our school is fortunate to have a wonderful tradition of philanthropy from parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty, staff and friends. For more than 50 years our donors have played a vital role in our success because every gift that is contributed sends a message that you believe in Cape Fear Academy and our students. This commitment to our school allows for the continued achievement of excellence that is the trademark of a CFA education.
The Annual Fund is the most important fundraising effort at Cape Fear Academy. The Annual Fund directly supports students and faculty by bridging the gap between tuition income and the cost of operating the school. The Annual Fund provides the school with essential dollars necessary for program enhancements not covered by tuition. Your contribution to the CFA Annual Fund is a direct investment in the following:
- Academic Excellence and Distinguished Faculty
- Dynamic Multi-Faceted Curriculum
- Refined Visual and Performing Arts Programs
- Competitive Athletics
- Innovative Technology
- Highly Supportive Learning Environment
Because every student benefits from these dollars, we hope every parent, grandparent, alumnus and friend will support the CFA Annual Fund to the extent they are able.
Golden Bell Society
The Golden Bell Society is central to the success of the Cape Fear Academy Annual Fund. This Society is named for our landmark golden bell, which when rung, represents our students’ proudest moments. Like our students, these donors proudly make generous contributions at the $1,000 level and above to ensure that Cape Fear Academy students receive the best possible education year to year.
Golden Bell Society
Cape Fear Academy’s endowment, like endowments at most independent schools, is a collection of various restricted and unrestricted endowment funds. These funds generate annual income for CFA that flows into the operation of the school and primarily supports faculty development and financial aid.
There are two ways to give endowed funds:
- Gifts of any amount can be given to the existing Cape Fear Academy endowment. Income will be used annually to support the aims of the fund.
- Endowment funds can be established and named with a gift of $25,000 or more.
Gifts of Stock
Cape Fear Academy gratefully welcomes gifts of stock. Donors may avoid capital gains taxes by transferring stock directly to Cape Fear Academy.
If you are interested in making a gift of stock to Cape Fear Academy, please contact Jennifer Sullivan, Director of Advancement, at 910-218-7192, or Jennifer.email@example.com.
Talk with your employer about their matching gift program. They may be able to help you double or triple the amount of your contribution! Find out by visiting this matching gift search page: https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=1799
Planned giving helps donors find ways to make charitable gifts now or after their lifetime, while potentially providing financial benefits for themselves and loved ones. Unlike cash donations, planned giving donations are typically made from assets in the donor’s estate rather than disposable income. Planned gifts take many forms, each tailored to suit the needs of the donor. Individuals who inform Cape Fear Academy of a planned gift are identified as CFA Legacy Leaders.
Donor Opportunities at Cape Fear Academy
- Include a specific amount or percentage of assets in your will for Cape Fear Academy
- Include Cape Fear Academy as a beneficiary of your IRA or 401(k) retirement plan
- Make Cape Fear Academy the owner or beneficiary of your life insurance
- Donate property to Cape Fear Academy while retaining its use during your lifetime
- Choose a charitable remainder trust, which can provide a variable or fixed income for a period of time as specified
- Choose a charitable lead trust, which passes assets to your heirs with less estate tax
For more information about making a contribution to Cape Fear Academy, contact Jennifer Sullivan, Director of Advancement, at 910-218-7192 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the Annual Report Cover above to view the full report.