Ways to Give
Gifts to Cape Fear Academy can be made in a variety of ways. All gifts provide immediate benefits to the students and the school. CFA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and all donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
As we proceed with our 2017-2018 Annual Fund Campaign, please consider making a gift today to Cape Fear Academy!
Gifts of cash are greatly appreciated. Make your check payable to Cape Fear Academy, provide your name and address, specify the purpose of the gift, and mail to the address below. Please direct any questions to Kristen LaCoe, Assitant Director of Advancement, at 910.791.0287 x 6142.
Cape Fear Academy
3900 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28412
Cape Fear Academy accepts VISA, MasterCard and American Express. Please visit our online giving page to make a donation today! Please direct any questions to Kristen LaCoe, Assitant Director of Advancement, at 910.791.0287 x 6142.
Many employers will match your charitable contribution. Matching gifts may allow you to double or even triple your gift to the school. Please check with your employer’s human resources department, or visit this matching gift search page to find out if your employer has a program and how to participate.
Cape Fear Academy’s endowment, like endowments at most independent schools, is a collection of various restricted and unrestricted endowment funds. These funds generate annual income for CFA that flows into the operation of the school and primarily supports faculty development and financial aid.
There are two ways to give endowed funds:
• Gifts of any amount can be given to the existing Cape Fear Academy endowment. Income will be used annually to support the aims of the fund.
• Endowment funds can be established and named with a gift of $25,000 or more. To restrict the purpose of the fund, the principal must meet or exceed $100,000.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Sullivan, Director of Advancement, at 910.791.0287 x 5011.
Cape Fear Academy gratefully welcomes gifts of stock. Donors may avoid capital gains taxes by transferring stock directly to Cape Fear Academy.
If you are interested in making a gift of stock to Cape Fear Academy, please contact Jennifer Sullivan, Director of Advancement, at 910.791.0287 x 5011.
Planned giving helps donors find ways to make charitable gifts now or after their lifetime, while in some cases, providing benefits for themselves and loved ones. Unlike cash donations, planned giving donations are typically made from assets in the donor’s estate rather than discretionary income. Planned gifts take many forms, each tailored to suit the needs of the donor. Individuals who inform Cape Fear Academy of a planned gift are identified in the CFA Legacy Society.
Donor Opportunities at Cape Fear Academy
• Include a specific amount or percentage of assets in your will for Cape Fear Academy
• Include Cape Fear Academy as a beneficiary of your IRA or 401(k) retirement plan
• Make Cape Fear Academy the owner or beneficiary of your life insurance policy
• Donate property to Cape Fear Academy while retaining its use during your lifetime
• Choose a charitable remainder trust, which can provide a variable or fixed income for a period of time as specified
• Choose a charitable lead trust, which passes assets to your heirs with less estate tax